Sump Pump Repairs
Reliable Plumbing with No Overtime Fees
Sumps pumps are useful at rerouting water from your house’s foundation. They are also effective at keeping your basement from getting flooded. During heavy rainstorms or when there is overflowing water due to a plumbing issue, sump pumps are useful for reducing flooding. When the sump pump stops working, identifying the issue fast and repairing it as soon as possible is important before the next rainstorm happens or your home might incur serious water damage.
What are the Different Types of Sump Pumps?
There are two types of sump pumps available today:
- Submersible- This sump pump sits in a well or pit and is out of sight
- Pedestal- This type is mounted above the pit, which allows for convenient access for periodic testing and servicing.
Typically, sump pumps are plugged into an outlet or hardwired into a home’s electrical system. However, these power sources can sometimes fail during a storm. This causes the equipment to be equipped with a battery as backup power. In the event that your sump pump does not have a backup power yet, Poopy Plumbers can install a battery backup for you.
Key facts on sump pumps:
- A float switch is used to trigger a sump pump. This sets off when the water present will reach a preset level. Once the level is reached, the sump pump will then start removing water into the storm drain, well, or outdoor area.
- Sump pumps need to be equipped with water-level alarms that are battery powered to ensure that if there is potential flooding you’ll be duly warned. This is also useful in the event that the overflows or malfunctions.
Common Solutions for Sump Pump Problems
Our team at Poopy Plumbers suggests that sump pumps should be checked at least once a year to keep it in the best working state. Our sump pump services do not just detect possible problems, they help prevent the occurrence of future damages as well.
Common sump pump problems to be aware of:
- Clogged pumps and parts
- Improper installation
- Continuously running pump
- Basin overfilling
- Stuck switch
Unless you have any experience with sump pumps, diagnosing the cause of an issue may be next to impossible just by yourself. It is never a good idea to ignore the issue too as this will only pout the unit into further jeopardy. Before the problem can hurt your property, it is best to get our experts at PoopyPlumbers to get the issue fixed for you.
At PoopyPlumbers, our sump pump services include:
- Battery Backup Replacements
- Battery Backup Installations and more
Sump Pump Repairs Made Accessible for You
In the event that your sump pump test is not functioning at its optimal state, getting it repaired by our experts at Poopy Plumbers should get it working fine in no time. Before the next big rainstorm, give us at Poopy Plumbers a call and experience expert sump pump repair by courteous and friendly plumbing professionals. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Backflow Devices
- Clogged Drains
- Drain Cleaning
- Frozen Pipes
- Gas Line Installation
- Leaking Pipes
- Plumbing Inspection
- Plumbing Repairs
- Plumbing Installation
- Plumbing Systems
- Video Camera Inspection
- Preventative Maintenance
- Sewer Line Repair
- Sewer System Backups
- Sump Pumps
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Trenchless Sewer Line
- Water Heater Installation
- Water Heater Repairs
- Water Line Repairs
- Water Lines
- Water Treatment & Purification
- Waters Softeners & Filters